Egg Tadka Daal2017-04-11
Bengali Egg Tarka Dal
Egg Tadka is one of the popular Bengali dish. It is an addition of egg in the simple veg tarka recipe to sooth the non-vegetarian appetite. Tarka literally means Tempering or a process through which aroma and flavour of spices comes out in the oil when mixed with the dish.
- Whole green lentil (mung daal): 1 cup soaked in water for 3-4 hours before boiling
- ¼ cup Chana dal soaked 1 hour before boiling
- 1 Big Onion Paste
- 1 ½ Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Small Tomatoes Chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Tarka Masala
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 2-3 green chillies chopped
- 1 -2Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- salt as per taste
- 2 scrambled egg
- 3-4 Tbsp Refined oil or as required
1. First boil the whole mung dal and chana dal and keep it aside.
2. Take a pan and heat oil. Once oil heated, add onion, ginger and garlic paste. Saute it until everything turns light brown in colour. Now add green chillies into it. 3. Add the chopped tomatoes and sauté until tomatoes tender. Take a small bowl and add all the masala and mix it with little water. Now, pour it in the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes. 4. Now, add the boiled lentils and salt and mix everything well. Add little water if required. Put the lid on and cook for 5 minutes in low flame. 5. After 5 minutes add scrambled egg and coriander leaves over the dal tadka. Let it cook for 1-2 minutes. 6. Your Bengali egg tadka dal is ready to eat.
Serve it with Loochi, poori, rice or roti.