Kulfi Stuffed Mango or Mango Mein Kulfi2016-06-30
Kulfi are the famous Indian frozen dessert which is very similar to ice cream but much more creamy texture than ice cream. Filling Kulfi in a mango is really excited and while you slice the mango with Kulfi and serve this in a plate to the guests or family members, it will make them surprised and amazed. You can also get other Kulfi recipes (Jamun Fruit Kulfi, Mango Kulfi, Yogurt Grapes Kulfi) from The Masala Route to make your summer days refreshing.
- 2 Big Alphanso Mangoes
- 4 Cup of Milk
- 1/ 2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 2 tsp chopped pistachios (optional)
- 2 tsp chopped cashew nuts (optional)
- few saffron/kesar strands
- few drops of rose essence (optional)
1. Take a large pan and add milk, heavy cream and boil them till the milk reduced and thickens. 2. Keep stirring the milk constantly as it may stick to the bottom. 3. Add pinch of saffron, rose essence (optional) and condensed milk to the reduced milk. 4. Mix them well and boil it. Once it thickens, turn off the heat and cool down the milk. 5. Now take one mango ad cut off the crown. Remove the seeds from the middle with your knife without peeling or cutting the mango. 6. Do the same process with another mango too. 7. Place both the mango in a glass or bowl where it can stand. 8. Scoop of the seeds and fill the kulfi mixture into both the mangoes. 9. Cover both the mangoes with crown and freeze it till 7-8 hours or until the Kulfi sets on the mango properly. 10. When mango Kulfi sets, peel the mango and slice them into circles. 11. Enjoy creamy Kulfi stuffed frozen mango.