Onion Tomato Uttapam2016-06-01
Uttapam can be made in different way but I mainly use Dahi/Curd/Yogurt to make the Onion Tomao Uttapam recipe. However, you can also use dosa batter to make this one. Easy to make, delicious and healthy breakfast or lunch box recipe of South India.
- 3 Cups all purpose flour
- 1½ cup suji/rawa/semolina
- 2 cups Yogurt/Curd/Dahi
- ¾ cup finely chopped onions
- ¾ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 3-4 green chillies chopped
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves (optional)
- White oil, butter or ghee as required
- Water – if required
- Pinch of salt
1. Take a big bowl and add sooji, cornflour, salt and dahi. Mix everything well. If required, you can add little water to give a light thick batter consistency. Keep it aside for 10-15 mins. 2. After 15 mins, add some amount of chopped tomatoes, onions and green chillies into the batter. Mix everything well. 3. Heat a non stick tawa/pan and pour ½ tsp oil. Take a cotton ball and spread the oil all over the tawa. Now take 1 ladle of uttapam batter and spread it on the tawa like a circle. Top the uttapam with chopped onion, tomatoes, coriander leaves and chillies. Turn the other side and cooked well. When both the sides will cook properly, remove it from the heat. 4. Do the same process with rest of the batter.
Serve Onion tomato uttapam hot with coconut chutney or sambar to have best taste.