- Skill Level: Intermediate
Canapes are always a very good snack time party food recipes and it is the best friend of Tea. Biscuit Canapes is a delicious recipe served as snack time recipe or dessert. Here I used Monaco biscuit as base and decorated it with some spicy & tasty toppings. Find out the different flavour of topping of canapés here.
- Boiled Smashed Potato Topping:
1 Small boiled potato
1 Tbsp coriander leaves
salt as per taste
¼ tsp chaat masala
¼ tsp black pepper powder
- Peel the boiled potato and smashed it properly.
- Now, add salt, chaat masala powder, black pepper powder and coriander leaves and mixed everything well.
- Add a little portion of this and make a small flat ball as the size of the Monaco biscuit.
- Place it on the top of the biscuit and pour little tomato sauce on the tomato. Do the same process with other biscuits to have the canapés with this topping.
- Tomato Cheese Topping:
1 Small cheese block
1 small tomato
some chopped coriander leaves
Chaat masala (optional)
- Cut the cheese block into thin slices of cheese. Also cut the tomato into thin slices.
- Now place one cheese slice on the top of a biscuit. Place a tomato slice on top of the cheese slice and again place one more cheese slice on top of the tomato.
- If you want you can sprinkle little chaat masala powder on this, but it is optional. To decorate place coriander leaves on the top.3. Grated Cheese Carrot Topping:
1-2 Tbsp grated cheese
2 Tbsp grated carrot
5-6 or as required thin slices of tomatoes
1 tsp chopped coriander leaves
Little salt for taste
- Take one Monaco biscuit and place little grated cheese on it. Then add some grated carrots on top of the cheese.
- Now add tomato small & thin slices with coriander leaves.
- If required sprinkle some salt.
- Chatpata Potato Mixture Topping:
1 small boiled potato
1 small onion
1 small tomato
1 small green chilly chopped
1 Tbsp coriander leaves chopped
½ tsp chaat masala powder
½ tsp black pepper powder
Salt as required
½ tsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp Khatta Mitha Namkeen (I used Haldiram Namkeen)
- Peeled the boiled potato and cut into small dice.
- Chopped onion and tomato.
- Now take a bowl and add chopped onion, tomato, potato, chopped coriander leaves and mix everything well.
- Now, add chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice, salt, black pepper powder, chaat masala powder and mix everything well.
- Take a Monaco biscuit and place small portion of the potato mixture. Sprinkle some khatta mitha namkeen on it.
- Olive Mayonnaise Topping:
Half small onion slices
1 Tbsp green or black olives
1 Tbsp small slice of tomatoes
1 -2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- Take one Monaco biscuit and place mayonnaise on it.
- Now add slice of onions and olives.
- Also add slice of tomatoes and decorate the topping accordingly.
- Vegetable Topping:
2 Tbsp Mayonnaise (veg Mayonnaise)
1 green chilli chopped
½ tsp pepper powder
2 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
2 Tbsp boiled peas
1 Tbsp red bell pepper chopped
1 Tbsp yellow bell pepper chopped
salt to taste
- Take a bowl and add boiled peas, bell pepper and green chillies.
- Now add tomato ketchup and mayonnaise with the vegetables. Add salt and mix everything well.
- Now place 1 Tbsp of the mixture on top of each Monaco biscuit.
- Mix Fruit Jam Topping:
2-3 Tbsp Mix fruit Jam
1 Tbsp sweet fennel seeds
- Take a Monaco biscuit and add 1 Tbsp mix fruit jam on top of the biscuit.
- Sprinkle some sweet fennel seeds on top.
- Do the same process with other biscuits.