Raita is one of my favourite side dish to have during summer with my lunch or dinner. Mainly I make cucumber raita but my family also loves pomegranate raita, carrot raita, onion tomato raita, mint coriander raita and so many others which I use to make sometimes. Here, I am showing Cucumber Raita with some flavours and taste.
- 1 Cup finely chopped cucumber or 1 medium size cucumber
- 1 Cup chilled fresh Yogurt/Dahi/Curd
- 1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder or 1 tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala powder
- rock salt or black salt as required
- ½ tsp sugar (optional)
- 1 Tbsp chopped Coriander leaves
1. Rinse and peel the cucumber and finely chopped it. If you want, you can also grate the cucumber. 2. Take a bowl and beat the chilled yogurt till it smooth. 3. Add grated cucumber to the curd and mix well. 4. Now add all dry spice powder, little sugar and black salt. Mix well. 5. Add chopped coriander leaves and mix well. 6. Serve it chill.