- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
How to Make Kanda Poha?
Poha is one of the most popular Indian breakfast recipe originated from north west India. It is also known as kanda poha in Maharashtra.
Kanda or Onion can be used for various different dishes and Kanda Poha is one of the famous dish from Maharashtra that will taste good while making with onions and Poha.
This is one of the healthy and light breakfast recipes that you can easily make at home and serve to your family and kids as well. After Idli, Dosa and Upma, this is one such breakfast that my Mom used to make when she wants to give us some healthy yet tasty breakfast. The colour of the recipe is awesome that is so appealing.
- 250gm Poha
- 2 Onions
- 2 Green chillies
- Potato optional
- 1 Lemon
- Mustard seeds (1/2 tsp)
- Fennel seeds (saunf) (1/2 tsp)
- Sugar (1/2 tsp) optional
- Salt to taste
- Oil to cook
- Chili powder, turmeric powder
- For garnishing Sew (1/2 bowl)
- Jeeravan powder
- Coriander leaves
1. Wash Poha and soak It for 10-15 Min. 2. Add chili powder, turmeric powder, sugar, salt and lemon in it and mix it well . 3. Heat a frying pan and add oil in it , add chopped onions, green chilies, potatoes and peas and cook it for 2 minutes on low flame , then
4. Add the poha in it , mix the ingredients well and cook for a minute on medium flame . 5. Now poha is ready to serve 6. Garnish it with coriander leaves and sev.
What is Poha?
Poha is the Indian name of for flattened rice. It is one of the popular easy to make Indian breakfast all over the india like kanda Poha in Maharashtra, Sev Poha in Indore Madhya Pradesh India.
Tips of making the recipe:
- Use thick poha to make Kanda poha. Rinse the poha in a strainer under running water to soften them and don’t soak them in water.
- You can add grated carrot, boiled peas into the dish to make it more healthy and nutritious.
- I also love to add grated coconuts and pomegranate seeds in the poha, however this is optional.
Some More Breakfast Recipes:
Vegetable Rava Upma
Bread Rava Toast
Potato Carom Seeds Grilled Sandwich
Junglee Chicken Sandwich
Eggless Mango Mint PanCake
Bread Toast or Bread Besan Toast
Instant Rava or Sooji Uttapam
Matar Kachuri or Karaishutir Kochuri
Egg Mayo Sandwich